Monday, January 31, 2011

A message from sylviatoyindustries

My video artist name is sylviatoyindustries. sylvia sprung out of nowhere in me after I'd already been reviewed (mostly favorably) as a sculptor, playwright and theater artist named Nena St. Louis. By the time sylvia showed up with her scary, weird, angsty art videos, Nena St. Louis already had a reputation and had performed and had her sculptures collected all over the country. sylvia was named sylvia so her development could be assessed from scratch, not based on the reputation of Nena St. Louis.

I did not do this out of modesty or shyness or (gag me) gentilesse. I have a lot of pride as a sculptor because I really did rise out of the chips to respectability. I have a lot of pride as an actor because I'm passionate about acting and know it's saying a lot to say I do my job when I'm acting. When I die, if the people who love me don't love me enough not to cremate me and bury me instead, I want my tombstone to say "she was an actor and she had craft." I do not have a lot of pride as a playwright because although I'm great at story, I suck as a playwright, honey, so stick to improv.

Okay, once the honeys start coming out, it's sylvia's turn. And she only speaks video. What you see is what you get. I don't know if she's the best of me, but she's got the biggest set. I didn't know I was so brave until Sylvia showed up.

Thanks for following Keskarel.
sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment